PortsLock is an endpoint security solution that allows system administrators to specify network policy rules based on user and group membership. It provides user-level network policy restrictions for Windows workstations and servers. Once PortsLock is installed, administrators can assign permissions to TCP/IP connections, just as they would in managing permissions on an NTFS partition of a hard disk. It lets you control which users or groups can access what TCP/IP based protocols (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, Telnet, etc.) on a local computer, depending on the time of day and day of the week. You can also set allowed/denied TCP/UDP ports and IP addresses for incoming and outgoing connections on a per-user basis. Keep in mind that almost 80% of all security breaches come from the inside! PortsLock enhances access control possibilities for system administrators, helps them to build a more secure network environment, and protects corporate networks against attacks from the inside. PortsLock is absolutely transparent to users. Users do not have to set up rules in their applications to use the network. Only administrators are allowed to set rules so users without administrative privileges cannot bypass PortsLock security. Additional features include audit and monitoring of network activity for a particular user or user group.
» version 2.0 - posted on 2006-09-20
Added the wizard that helps you to create PortsLock rules; Minor changes in the interface.
» version 2.0 - posted on 2006-09-20
Added the wizard that helps you to create PortsLock® rules; Minor changes in the interface.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PortsLock:
- All copyrights to PortsLock are exclusively owned by SmartLine Inc.
- Anyone may use this software during a trial period of 30 days only, on one computer of a local network, at any single time. Following this trial period of 30 days, if you wish to continue to use PortsLock then you MUST register.
- A registered user is granted a non-exclusive license to use PortsLock on one computer at a time, for any legal purpose. The registered PortsLock software may not be rented nor leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to the terms of this license. If the software is an update, the transfer must include all updates and all previous versions of the PortsLock software.
- An unregistered, evaluation version of PortsLock may be freely distributed, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person nor company may charge a fee for the distribution of PortsLock without written permission from the copyright holder SmartLine Inc.
- To register, you must complete the registration form and send it, with the registration fee, to one of the authorized registration sites.
- PortsLock IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR OR SMARTLINE INC WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS NOR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS AS A RESULT OF OR WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
- You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, nor transfer the licensed program, nor any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by SmartLine Inc.
- This Agreement and any dispute relating to PortsLock or to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Russian Federation. You agree and consent that jurisdiction and proper venue for all claims, actions and proceedings of any kind relating to SmartLine Inc or the matters in this Agreement shall be exclusively in courts located in Moscow. Installing and using PortsLock signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
- If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove PortsLock files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.